• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 LovelyStory

LovelyStory

Seasoned Stoner

• CALM
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

are they SERIOUS that they want the pot recalled because the thc is too high? What are they high?

• theCerberus, Live Long & Prosper, DanielMar and 4 others like this

#2 Live Long & Prosper

Live Long & Prosper

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

NOTHING HC does surprises me.

And we wonder why it costs so much / g. BS tax, thats all it is. Make it so I can grow my own.

http://healthycanadi.../43677a-eng.php

• DanielMar likes this

#3 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

wtf.

its not like theres some limit on THC the government set.

The patient benefits because they get more bang for their buck.

this is bad.

PNP should be fined for false advertisement of THC level.

But no product should be recalled for this dumb of a reason.

Considering that THC and THC-A are added together, it could simply be a testing method that is the difference between levels.

Perhaps PNP only tested for THC.

The THC level is advertised at +/-2% and its +4%. it seems too little to matter as well.

Perhaps the product dried out and the weight of the plant matter is less now than originally tested.

There are too many factors to even consider caring about such a little discrepancy.

Its amazing what Health Canada does.

These companies should have been fined for breaking advertising laws a few months back, but Health Canada decided to give warning and time to comply instead.

Now to punish the customer instead of the company is ludicrous. 

Send back your meds because they might work a little better than expected. thats screwed up....

The MMPR is on the side of corporations and not patients and its scary.

• Live Long & Prosper and DanielMar like this

#4 Number6

Number6

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Some people get panic attacks using cannabis (I am not one of them) and so knowing your THC threshold might be really important to some patients.  Mislabelling is pretty serious, in this context. What if the company were making something where dosage could cause a fatality?   

#5 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

no. there is no "knowing your THC threshold" when they add THC and THC-A together and when different strains effect the same person drastically different.

the THC % means very little in the scheme of things.

i've had enough LP meds to know this.

if you are concerned about panic attacks, then the strain and its genetics (indica/sativa/hybrid) are far more of a concern.

start with a little and work your way till medicated. stronger strains will just give more bang for buck. you just end up using less (which is exactly what doctors want, because it means less damage to our lungs).

I've had 10% Hindu Kush that was stronger than 22% Diamond OG.

Neither have been recalled, so the THC levels must be true right?

Hindu Kush was really strong and Diamond OG felt like one the weakest cannabis strains I've ever had.

THC % did not discern which was stronger.

I have 9% THC Afghani that has 13.8%CBD and it feels much stronger than Diamond OG too. It also feels stronger than Master Kush at 29% THC.

Doing a recall on THC % is the biggest joke Health Canada has done so far.

If they had THC and THC-A separated out, I would give them a bit more credit for it.

• Live Long & Prosper, Anon, maxim4200 and 2 others like this

#6 Anon

Anon

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

Very disappointing. I agree with you. And my anxiety and panic attacks happen less often and less severely while using strains especially high in thc, whatever the literature and propaganda may claim about it worsening anxiety does not always hold water and this certainly seems like another jab into the pocket books of patents just when they thought they could smoke a bit less per day. Exactly what theCerebus said, it probably has since dried and or it was different plant matter as there is a wide variance among a batch. Either way this only prevents patents from really getting a bang for their buck and ultimately using less marijana
  • theCerberus and Live Long & Prosper like this

#7 Live Long & Prosper

Live Long & Prosper

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

The saddest part is that is the patient who will bare the cost of the recall. As with any business, undue/unexpected expenses get passed on to the consumer.

As with any drug, there can be side effects, when I drink alcohol, I turn into an 'idiot' :) I no longer swill the stuff.

#8 maxim4200

maxim4200

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

what percent of THC was recalled? what strain?

#9 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

From the Health Canada site:

Nyce N' EZ (Lot number: 12-NAE-003-14 and Lot Number: 12-NAE-003-14-A) 

Health Canada inspectors determined this product was labelled with delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) of 9.07% with a product specification of +/- 2% of THC. However, when retested from a third party laboratory, the product demonstrated that the content of THC may be as high as 13.7%. 

Also included is instructions for return/destruction of medicine (because the THC is too high)

wtf?? what patient would willingly destroy medicine because it works too well?? using less apparently isn't an option....

Why is it OK to have to wait for your LP to send a return box, return it, and wait for PNP (of all LPs they are horrid at keeping medicine in stock) to replace it... because it may work too well??

Ludicrous logic!!! 

Be out of medicine for days (the shipping alone will take at least 4 days round trip), and wait possibly even weeks for stock, instead of using a tiny bit less. That does not make any sense.  :blink: Don't worry though, PNP will foot the bill on the shipping.... lol  :huh:

Peace Naturals Project Inc. is instructing clients to immediately discontinue use of any marijuana from this batch. Clients should return the marijuana by contacting Peace Naturals Project Inc. to obtain appropriate packaging and postage paid shipping container. If clients wish to destroy the product at home, they should add water to the marijuana to render it unusable, mix it with cat litter to mask the odour and dispose of it with regular household waste.

#10 Live Long & Prosper

Live Long & Prosper

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

Ya grind the bud up, mix it with clumping kitty litter, water and when it sets, throw it in the household garbage. Ya wouldn't want to smoke overdosing weed would you ? :D

#11 Fetaman

Fetaman

Seasoned Stoner

• CALM
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Gulch

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

"It is all ok because the Machine Says So." - The Echo

*RESERVED, not for the light hearted

<strikes match, inhales>

#12 Anon

Anon

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

Considering that this was a milled variety I bet a majority of patients buy it with the intention to cook with it. And to infuse medicine into food it usually requires putting about two ounces of starting material in. so hc, are those patents supposed to send back their edibles. Are you paying for the baking supplies and their time. While I realize and appreciate you holding them accountable for the accuracy of their labelling. The difference is not worth the recall IMO

#13 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

Yes. LPs need to be accountable when it comes to labeling, but there is no potential harm.

Its not like this batch was contaminated, and Health Canada has never set any limits on THC.

If they had said +/-4% the product would not have been recalled.

Its really just the label that is an issue.

All this fuss is over +2% that wasnt labeled does not make any sense. 

If it was less potent than advertised it would at least have merit to the patient.

PNP should be fined, and it should be optional for patients to return the product if they are not satisfied. but leave them be if they are fine.

• Anon likes this

#14 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

http://blog.liftcann...-lot-from-2014/

Yep, It was THC-A/testing methods. Just as I mentioned as a guess in my above post.

I dont see why its so hard to give us all the numbers if they have them (and they clearly do use HPLC)?

I mean wtf is so hard about giving patients the same report on cannabis they get? its called transparency.

If Health Canada wants the math on the label, big deal.

At least it would avoid a recall.

ex: 

10% Δ9THC + 10% Δ9THCA = 20% THC TOTAL.

But we are forgetting about Δ8THC too. Does health canada include that?

They probably should since its THC.

Its embarrassing that these LPs cant figure this out, when average casual users in Washington, Colorado and medical patients in some legal states know this as this is how its setup over there.

All cannabinoids and terpenes/terpenoids should be listed.

Analytical360 is pretty much the perfect example of how it should be done.

http://analytical360.../flowers/355276

#15 LovelyStory

LovelyStory

Seasoned Stoner

• CALM
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

This isn't so much about Peace Naturals as it is against Health Canada for their ridiculous and ever changing requirements.

#16 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Nope. It's about both. PNP knew they had thc and thca and didn't add them together.

It's their own fault. They should know better.
They are supposed to be experts!
They have a government license!
Only a handfull of companies have even managed to get these. There are thousands who have applied.
Part of the strict licensing process covers this!

PNP is also part of an industry that already exists in Colorado, Washington and many other medical states.
PNP is not pioneering the industry, it's not hard to look at the examples set by these states. It's their job to.
  • Anon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users