• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 biso17

biso17

Seasoned Stoner

• CALM
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Hi i am on my second grow im new to this, but have dont alot of research, my first grow was great, then i received a berry bomb from elemental seeds, and a sugar kush my buddy had over a month growing and he had in a small cup the whole time neglecting it and it was a long skinny hard stem wirh like 3 nodes so i cut it in half and transplanted the pot and then i witnessed what i thought was impossible but amazed at how fast and beautiful it came back like,,

But my real problem now is after a week of flowering i noticed the tinyest lil worm in the soil, it is Pro Mix, they look like super mini maggots, im scared shitless i wasted the past few months with them

• Bookeringa, DonaldNeem, DanielMar and 3 others like this

#2 Number6

Number6

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

Pro Mix out of the bag or previously used soil?  If you aren't using new soil--then you need to bake the soil you are using in your pots in the oven (look that up).  I generally prefer making my own soil mixes with recently bought stuff.  Also, getting a plant from a friend seems like a great idea, but pests travel this way.  

Now, as for what you have...after doing a quick google for myself--you might have fungus gnats (eat roots) and the cause is usually overwatering (can also be that your soil retains too much water--which pro-mixes usually do because they are for potted plants that need to retain moisture longer.  Sand (not beach sand--too much salt in that) improves drainage.  Cannabis plants do not like to be overwatered (few plants do, but cannabis especially).  Look up what kind of soil to use for cannabis--you can buy ready made mixes (albeit more expensively, you are paying for convenience).

Water when the surface is drying out.  Check out aeropots (great for root growth in soil) because they dry the soil out faster (more area for oxygen) and can handle being watered/fed more often.  

You cannot do enough research.  Trial and error is the best education.

I have been dying to grow again, but don't have the license to, nor the secure space.

• kurtg and DanielMar like this

#3 Anon

Anon

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

Water with mosquito dunks or neem. No big deal I had these little guys in one of my plants on my last crop. The flavour of that plant was on point but the yield was half as much as the other phenos and it was not maturing as fast. I pulled all the other plants down with cloudy and amber trics and the one with less bud still had clear heads and little baby buds. It smoked fine and I didn't find any bugs in the buds just the pots. My suggestion is the neem oil onto your roots but if your ready to harvest and it's not too bad just keep on plain water. Don't let yourself get too stressed out i feel the plants feel your emotions
  • DanielMar likes this

#4 biso17

biso17

Seasoned Stoner

• CALM
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

ya i am convinced they are fungus gnats thanks, i am going to get Neem I still have another 30-40 days of flowering so its best to remove them they will slow growth. and ill be able to flush any Neem oil out before harvest

#5 kurtg

kurtg

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 104 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

Do a root ball transplant into new soil with a cotton capillary feeding system.

Shake and rub off as much dirt as possible from the root ball prior to transplanting into the new soil. Be sure not to break too many of the smallest/newest root structure. At this time, you can get a great view of the root structure and inspect it for mold and further damage, and then decide if it's even worth saving.

If so;

Hand braid a cotton rope for yourself out of cotton string and insert the rope down along side the root ball as you back fill with a proven substrate mix. For auto watering systems, it is typically best to have a layer of high drainage material at the base, with a layer of denser medium at the root layer. A syphon is essentially required and too airy of a soil at root level will discourage this effect. Put the other end of the rope in a bucket of water. Water the soil a moderate amount the first time. The rope in the soil will then begin the process of capillary action as the soil in the potter begins to dry. It is essentially a poor man's drip system but if you are having issues with over/under watering, this will be a good way for you to get used to the natural level of moisture your plants are looking for without having to know anything specific.

Hopefully that will be all you need to do. However, I'm only providing educated guessing as I haven't seen your plants first hand. Maybe try and post a pic of these worms?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users