Photo

Propriety Strain Names...where Do You Find The...

12 replies to this topic

#1 pmac

pmac

Chronic

• CALM
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorth of Toronto

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:08 PM

Where would we locate the "street names" of the Aphria menu, everything is their custom names. 

Anyone have this info by chance?

• JessieOi, Dixonnert, mamaligadoc and 1 other like this

#2 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:55 PM

Lol. I noticed that a month ago. Apparently they dont want us to know anymore.

Just another reason not to join Aphria.

Their high THC package has strains with relatively low THC in them (max 16%).

And not a single strain has consistency within the lot. They all have a range of THC up to 4% difference.

They really dont know the market.

It also doesnt help they think gamma irradiation is the best thing ever. They irradiate everything regardless of if its contaminated or not.

LPs like Tweed and Maricann try to avoid using it whenever possible.

LPs like Tilray throw out the same batch in the garbage because its contaminated.

They try to avoid contamination, while Aphria doesnt care, and fixes the product after.

I like the mindset that tries to avoid problems before they happen.

I dont even think gamma irradiated cannabis is a problem, I just have less respect for those who dont try to keep my medicine clean in the first place.

• pmac, Jordan65, mamaligadoc and 1 other like this

#3 Jordan65

Jordan65

Chronic

• CALM
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:14 PM

You have to call them to find out. I have the list at home I can post if u want. I'd personally stay away from Aphria until they step their game up.
Panache is strawberry cough.
Louise is blueberry
Aberdeen is agent orange
Belle is purple Kush
Tamaracouta is Girl Scout cookies
Ganger is 8 ball Kush
Tignish is Qrazy train
Teslin is mango
Churchill is nordle
Iraquis is shark shock.
The rest I'll have to look at the list. I think lift has them posted too.
  • JimmyFup likes this

#4 Live Long & Prosper

Live Long & Prosper

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

I'd boycott anyone that uses odd names like what the heck is Mettrum #1?

Why not use the current names?

Again, big business trying to distinguish itself just for a buck, what next girls in bikinis selling?

• theCerberus and JimmyFup like this

#5 Jordan65

Jordan65

Chronic

• CALM
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

They told me they wanted to distance themselves from the street terms and quantities. That's why they sell it in 5 and 10 gram bottles instead of quarters and half ounce etc. it bothers me that they are trying to hide the history of cannabis. Just accept it for it is. A wonderful plant.

#6 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

5 and 10 gram quanitites just push more on the patient since they cant try a single gram of anything.

5g and 10g prepacks make it convenient and fast to sell. It has nothing to do with differentiating from the street. Thats a story they made up to justify pushing which is worse than the street.

All these LPs that are high and mighty trying to say that strain names are from the street are dead wrong.

Casual users take whatever "weed" they can get. It's medical users who are actually looking for specific strains to help illnesses. By renaming your strains to essentially "weed" you become closer to the street. All your doing is hiding the same information dealers do. And if your legal medicine is resold it is now street weed. So there is no difference at all.
  • Live Long & Prosper, Cat, Anon and 2 others like this

#7 kurtg

kurtg

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 104 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

5 and 10 gram quanitites just push more on the patient since they cant try a single gram of anything.

5g and 10g prepacks make it convenient and fast to sell. It has nothing to do with differentiating from the street. Thats a story they made up to justify pushing which is worse than the street.

All these LPs that are high and mighty trying to say that strain names are from the street are dead wrong.

Casual users take whatever "weed" they can get. It's medical users who are actually looking for specific strains to help illnesses. By renaming your strains to essentially "weed" you become closer to the street. All your doing is hiding the same information dealers do. And if your legal medicine is resold it is now street weed. So there is no difference at all.

This is an excellent point. We've had our own debate about this one a while ago but I am seeing your side or the argument as being more appropriate.

When it comes down to it, it accomplishes nothing to rename these plants (regardless of variation in phenotype) as we all simply ask the CSR to tell us the real name anyway! Lol

I'm joining your team, Cerberus!

It's funny, when I write any LP reviews anywhere online, I always use the LP name first (maybe to feel fancy?) But anytime I'm chatting on the phone with a CSR at TWEED, I exclusively use real strain names. I'm assuming it mildly bothers them and I find this amusing? Just a quirky observation. Maybe I'm just an asshole?
  • Cat likes this

#8 pmac

pmac

Chronic

• CALM
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

You have to call them to find out. I have the list at home I can post if u want. I'd personally stay away from Aphria until they step their game up.
Panache is strawberry cough.
Louise is blueberry
Aberdeen is agent orange
Belle is purple Kush
Tamaracouta is Girl Scout cookies
Ganger is 8 ball Kush
Tignish is Qrazy train
Teslin is mango
Churchill is nordle
Iraquis is shark shock.
The rest I'll have to look at the list. I think lift has them posted too.

Yeah, having the names would help. Like Blueberry, it works well for me. and I am running out from a dispensary I bought from, and the Dispensary is out for now.

Upon lookng for it, Unfortunately "Louise" appears to be gone, not in current or coming soon strains. :(

#9 Jordan65

Jordan65

Chronic

• CALM
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:42 PM

Blueberry is also very effective for my symptoms. Aphria's version was pretty good but it burned black and needed to be relit after every toke.
Their strain count has dropped since I joined. Seems like they are having issues at every stage of growing. They had to lower the price of henik from 12.50 to $8.50 due to poor sales.

#10 maxim4200

maxim4200

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Okanagan - I have no idea what this strain is, smells similar to blueberry.
Have not smoked any yet which is my way of medicating... Will update review after I try the strain.

Upon opening the bottle I smelled a very faint berry aroma, along with an earthy green scent.

Great Bear - i have no clue what it is either.

it had no smell or aroma when opening the bottle. i squeezed a nug or two and found the most faint piney kush aroma that i have ever smelled.  probably the weakest looking kush i have ever seen (not really interested in trying this flower but i will)

Tamaracouta (Girl Scout Cookies)

Smells like Durban Poison, with mild kushy undertones... I guess this one is decent looking, I will try this one first.

The aroma was as GSC normally smells, nugs are tight and slightly sticky. Trichomes are present.

Attached Thumbnails

• 519.JPG
  • 517.JPG
  • 516.JPG

• theCerberus and Brian.cannabis.ca like this

#11 Jordan65

Jordan65

Chronic

• CALM
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

Okanagan is ak47 and great bear is UK cheese or another type of cheese.
  • theCerberus likes this

#12 Guest_Kushbury_*

Guest_Kushbury_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

You can find a list of names on The Jane Exchange

#13 pmac

pmac

Chronic

• CALM
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

$5/gram sale here. Only 1 or 2 that do not qualify (Henik aka Alien Dawg is one of them that does not qualify). But Tamaracouta (GSC), Belle (Purple Kush), among a couple others worth a look if they grow half decent meds.No insane THC levels, but they go up to about 17% and still qualify. A few CBD strains as well are available for the price

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users