Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

August 8th, 2015

Tweed has just released:

Deep Purple (Twilling)

CBD Skunk Haze (Penelope)

Keep an eye out in the shop the week of August 10th for more additions to the shop accoridng to the Tweed Rep. They should be adding some CBD rich strains during that week.

#2 m1kek9

m1kek9

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Just ordered some CBD Skunk Haze (Penelope), Deep Purple (Twilling) and 3 others (Chem Dawg, UK Cheese and Ghost Train Haze).

Reviews will be up within the next week or two, check back.
  • Brian.cannabis.ca likes this

#3 m1kek9

m1kek9

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:20 PM

August 31st, 2015

Starting September 1st, two bedrocan strains will be available in the tweed shop:

Bedrolite and Bediol – which you can purchase as a registered customer of Tweed. Both CBD-rich strains, these are a great new addition to our Tweed line of products. Bedrolite is a low THC (<1%) strain with 9% CBD, Bediol has 6.5% THC and 8% CBD
  • Brian.cannabis.ca likes this

#4 m1kek9

m1kek9

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Sept 3, 2015

Tweed has added Chocolope(Clarence) back to the shop and reduced the price to $6/gram. That's only $4.80/gram with their compassionate price discount.

OG Kush has been reduced in price to $6/gram. New batch with 18.6% thc has just been released.

#5 m1kek9

m1kek9

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Sept 16, 2015

Tweed has just released:

Sour Tangie - 24.08% THC, 0% CBD - $9/gram

Tweed Lot# 3 - 0.56% THC, 11.4% CBD - $9/gram

I ordered the Sour Tangie to try it out. It is milled though, probably an inconsistent plant with varying potencies so they decided to mill it and make it more consistent throughout.

#6 pmac

pmac

Chronic

• CALM
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorth of Toronto

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

Tweed sent out an email regarding the taxing of medical cannabis. 

They have a petition for us to sign to stop the taxation of it. 

"Medical Cannabis is the only prescription drug that is taxed."

The newsletter was sent today to me, so likely it will be in your inbox.

https://petitions.pa..._eid=8979645c46

#7 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:05 AM

Funny, a dispensary fought the CRA and lost their court case soley because dispensaries are technically illegal. Now the LPs have a rock solid legal case but every single one of them (I got an email from Maricann, Tilray, Broken Coast, Aurora, and Tweed all with the same petition) goes the petition route because they dont want to spend their money on it. They are the big players, but they dont really want to fight for us. Best they will do is circulate a petition another patient started. 

• Number6, bosco, Anon and 2 others like this

#8 m1kek9

m1kek9

Connoisseur

• CALM
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Tweed has released a new 10:1 Cannabis Oil Product called ZAIUS, which is a 80% Sativa with the maximum allowed dose of THC per ml at 30mg/ml. The 100ml bottle of infused sunflower oil contains 3000mg of THC. It is also their most expensive oil at $185 and $148 with the compassionate discount.

What is weird is they say it has had the terpenes removed which they claim allows it to be very potent and taste neutral. Weird?

This would make for some real potent brownies. Most brownie recipes use roughly 100ml of oil and 3000mg/12 pieces is 250mg of THC per brownie which is a pretty good dose. But these are still pretty expensive brownies at $15.42 each at the $185/bottle price or $12.33 each at the $148/bottle price. If you only need half a dose or less then it becomes more reasonable, but for the users that need higher doses of THC this can get expensive.

However, recently I have been having good success just using 36-54mg doses of the Bird's Eye oil from Tweed and it provided really manageable help without you feeling really intoxicated.

#9 theCerberus

theCerberus

Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

Ugh, such nonsense. Removing the terpenes isnt going to get you any more or less "high" but it may deter from the pain killing "entourage effect".

In this manner they made more of a recreational oil. But they are a medical company... :unsure:

If you just want edibles, its extremely easy, and legal, to make edible oil yourself. Just go slow with it, eat a little a time, and eventually you will find your own dosing. No lab testing needed.

I was recently on hold for an hour waiting to place an order with Mettrum. They told me the wait was because of all the customers trying to order the yellow oil they just released.

I told mettrum I was interested in using their extract machine to make real concentrates and they told me that it would be an "insurance problem".

I said I wasnt interested in edible oil I can easily make myself (I want real concentrates). To my surprise the customer service agent said "I know right?", acknowledging they are hardly doing us a favour making this stuff.

If you just want cheap oil, buy the cheapest LP cannabis ($3-$4/g shake) and cook with it. It will end up being more economical than buying these oils.

You could even use AVB (which is what I do) and your edible oil is essentially free (since you already got medicated by vaping it, and cant vape it further).

The price of edibles at a dispensary is usually extremely cheap too, you get ~2g in a $10 edible from the more trusted companies out there.

In no way does purchasing LP edible oil seem like a good idea to me. 

Its overpriced and THC limited.

Its legal and not hard to extract cannabinoids into fat, and the process isnt worth the premium they are charging.

It is legal, hard and expensive to produce nice concentrates, thats why they call the people who make them "artists".

LPs not being able to produce CO2 shatter is nonsense.

Curious how the shake seems to vanish off tweeds menu when the oils come out too. If they are making them with shake, its even more of a rip off in price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users