Hey guys and gals,
I’m Amy Brown. Others know me as Amy Anonymous. I’m from Toronto, Ontario and I’m known for my cookies, bars and balms. I have had many questions on how to make weed butter so I’ve decided to share my recipe with you. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on the forum or Facebook me at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=510622901
This is for making a small quantity of marijuana butter. I make butter on a much larger scale so if you are looking to make more, just increase the cannabis and butter (60g cannabis for every pound of butter you add). I have successfully made pound for pound canna butter (1lb butter, 1lb cannabis) however you do lose lots this way, as the butter sticks to the plant matter and is harder to remove ….. but it sure as funk makes a heck of a potent marijuana butter!!!!!.
You will need:
- 1 large pot. I use a 12Q stock pot
- Large spoon for stirring
- Another large container that the strainer fits on top of
- Potato ricer or masher to squeeze the remaining butter off of the cannabis
- 1lb of butter
- 60g of cannabis (trim, shake or bud)
- Paper towel
- Microwave safe bowl
12 Steps to make potent weed butter:
2. Put cannabis and butter into pot
3. Fill pot with water to about 6″ from the top
4. Put on stove at lowest setting. You do not want boil the ingredients, you want to heat them. Some bubbling is expected but keep it to a minimum. If you have to remove it from the burner for a bit, that’s fine
5. Leave heating for 6-24 h. stirring every half hour. I usually heat mine for 9 hours.
6. When ready to strain, I triple layer the cheesecloth and line the strainer. I use elastics to keep the cheesecloth in place around the strainer.
7. Put the strainer on top of the empty container.
8. Pour the cannabis/butter/water into the strainer.
9.Secure the cannabis in the cheesecloth and squeeze out the remaining butter making sure not to get any plant matter into the water and butter. You can use a potato masher to help or you can put the cheesecloth bundle into a potato ricer and squeeze.
10. Place container with water and butter in the fridge for 12 -16h.
11. When the butter is finished, you will see all the butter has hardened and risen to the top creating what looks like a *lid* on top of the water. Take a butter knife and remove butter from sides of the container.
12. Remove butter and let excess water drip off. I use a bowl lined with paper towel for this. Once dry, remelt and put into an air tight container ……..